Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chobe- The Best Place to Visit

By Chobe Game Lodge Guide Nawa Nawa

“This is the best place in the world I have ever visited” – Steve Niecel from New
York told me during one of my game drives.
Take a visit to Chobe National Park and see and experience how great the Park is.

Two to three nights will be enough to give you breathtaking experiences with all our different animal species. Have you ever seen a leopard taking an impala up a tree? You see, all these incredible actions can be experienced when staying at Chobe Game Lodge.

As a professional guide here I have seen amazing life activities of all the animals we have here. I was born in Chobe, therefore I have known these animals since my childhood. But in all my time here I have never grown tired of the wildlife, there is always something new to see and experience.

One day I was out on a game drive with some of our guests late in the afternoon. As we were driving a herd of impala came running across the road at high speed, each impala giving an alarm call to warn the others. “Nawa why are these impala running like this?” asked one my guests, Mike.
I knew this was because of the one animal all our guests are thirsty to see, the most sought after beast, the king of the wild and the most respected cat – the lion!
I said “Everyone switch on all your cameras and be ready for action now!”
It was now around17:55 and just before sunset and without wasting any time a male lion appeared from behind a woolly caper bush, walking towards the road. He opened his mouth and let out a full roar:”Hoommmm – hmmmm – hoo – hoo!” He came marching slowly towards our vehicle: seven metres, six metres, five, four, and three…and then he roared again. Now it was a full roar with a series of grunts, building in volume and length. It felt like the whole vehicle was vibrating!
As he passed the side of my vehicle, he stopped for two seconds, looked at us and then continued walking in the direction the impalas went. I noticed there was no clicking of cameras on the back of the vehicle, all eyes were set on the lion – nobody wanted to miss a moment of action!
The lion disappeared into the bushes still roaring and I realised he was probably just trying to locate his friends.

This was just one of the breathtaking events one can experience when staying at Chobe Game Lodge and going out with one of our Professional Guides. Come and see for yourself and if I am your guide I will gladly take care of you and will be happy to share all my knowledge of nature with you.

SEE YOU AT DINNER WITH THE LIONS!

Nawa Nawa (Mr. Bean)

No comments: